Network kickstart weirdness

Dan Peterson dpeterson7 at nextag.com
Mon May 23 20:53:56 UTC 2005

We ran into this as well. It seems to be a problem with the E1000 adaptor
(which the 2650 and 1850 [and others] are sporting). Check out
http://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2005-March/msg00087.html

We modified init.c as described in that note; rebuilt loader and put it back
in the initrd.img. Problem solved. Not clean, not pretty, but effective!

If you need more detailed steps let me know.

Dan Peterson.