obnoxious/unnecessary package dependencies

Klaus Steden klaus.steden at thomson.net
Wed May 25 00:07:01 UTC 2005

> > Sure.
> >
> > lang en_US.UTF-8
> > langsupport --default=en_US.UTF-8
> > keyboard us
> >
> > If you want the anaconda-ks.cfg that gets saved vs. the one that's
> > used, I can
> > provide those easily, too.
>
> Remove the langsupport line.  Just the lang line will ensure that you
> get english.  The lansupport line will pull in all other languages, and
> make english the default.  Probably not what you wanted (:

Jesse - thanks for the info - is there an FAQ on the various package
groupings? For example, I don't need anything more than basic X11 support
(i.e. libXt.so, libICE.so, but no need for GNOME, KDE, xterm or other X11
apps), and definitely don't need any support for printers whatsoever.

Is there a syntax for ignoring or not installing entire groups of packages?

Klaus