OT: pxe server - dhcp proxy question

Robinson, Andrew W. andrew.w.robinson at mms.gov
Fri May 6 17:25:37 UTC 2005

I am exploring the use of the proxy-dhcp server. The one that comes with Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Update 4 is pxe-0.1-36.i386.rpm. With a pxe server
without the dhcp proxy, when a client pxe-boots, it displays the menu
specified in the /tftpboot/linux-install/msgs/boot.msg file. When I install
the dhcp proxy (pxe-0.1-36.i386.rpm), when the client pxe-boots, the
messages displayed are those specified in the /etc/pxe.conf file. I would
like to get the dhcp proxy to use the messages in the boot.msg file. I
assume there is some way to specify that in the pxe.conf file. However, I do
not understand the dhcp proxy or the pxe.conf file to know how to do that.
Plus the documentation seems sparse. Can someone tell me how to accomplish
my goal? Better yet, can someone direct me to a forum where I may be
enlightened in this and other pxe-boot questions?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson