How to add raid and nic driver to Kickstart beginning

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri May 6 21:31:35 UTC 2005

I had the exact same issue (Dell Poweredge 2850), vendor support required
RHEL3u1.
You can load the driver disk from within the kickstart file (even via
network! YAY!!)

>From /usr/share/doc/anaconda-9.1.1/kickstart-docs.txt
-----
   driverdisk (optional)

           Driver diskettes can be used during kickstart installations. You
           need to copy the driver diskettes's contents to the root
directory
           of a partition on the system's hard drive. Then you need to use
           the driverdisk command to tell the installation program where to
           look for the driver disk.

           driverdisk <partition> [--type=<fstype>]

           Alternatively, a network location can be specified for the driver
           diskette:

           driverdisk --source=ftp://path/to/dd.img
           driverdisk --source=http://path/to/dd.img
           driverdisk --source=nfs:host:/path/to/img

                <partition>

                        Partition containing the driver disk.

                --type=

                        File system type (for example, vfat or ext2).
-----

I believe the downloadable drivers from Dell come as dd images already,
and instructs you to use dd or rawwrite to create the floppy.
If you have the driver on floppy, use dd in reverse to create an image file
from the floppy.