Argh. Anaconda and Sun's Java RPMs in ES 4

Seremeth, Stephen SSeremeth at anacomp.com
Wed May 18 15:51:52 UTC 2005

Maybe someone has some constructive thoughts on this one.

I'm working out the kinks in a network install, and I had it working,
then I added a few rpms, then all went to hell.  Since it was several
weeks between "had it working" and "hell" stages, I couldn't remember
the nuances of what probably broke my install.

So -- long story short:
* pxe booting followed by unattended kickstart install
* comps.xml stripped down to base packages
* test rpm db created for making sure dependencies resolved
* getfullcomps.py also run to make sure everything copasetic
* After enabling portFast on the switch (why this is necessary I'm still
not 100% sure since the initial PXE dhcp request works), install began
working
* Added j2sdk 1.4.2, jdk 1.5.0_02, and my own Sun Java System Webserver
RPM (they don't distribute an rpm for this, thanks, Sun)
* test rpm db created for making sure dependencies resolved
* getfullcomps.py also run to make sure everything copasetic
* Reran genhdlist/pkgorder/genhdlist with proper syntax
    * pkgorder spits out: "warning: LOOP:" followed by some garbage a
few times -- but this is OK supposedly
    * when genhdlist the second time this happens:

[root at myserver rh_es_4]# genhdlist --withnumbers --fileorder
/dist/rh_es_4/custom/pkgfile --hdlist
/dist/rh_es_4/custom/i386/RedHat/base/hdlist /dist/rh_es_4/custom/i386
WARNING: ordering not found for j2sdk-1_4_2-linux-i586.rpm
WARNING: ordering not found for jdk-1_5_0_02-linux-i586.rpm

Reboot on install-target and PXE boot off of install server.  Anaconda:
* loads drivers
* gets an ip over dhcp
* gets kickstart script off of NFS server
* Formats drive per ks script
* Gets to "Preparing RPM Transaction" and BOOM!  "Installer exiting
abnormally"
    * Only thing of note on virtual consoles is the presence of:
    "WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag"

The rpms install just fine if installed on a running ES 4 machine, just
not via anaconda thus far.

Any ideas?

I am about to try without my custom rpm and the newer jdk rpm, because I
had a customized installer I did with AS 2.1 and the older jdk installed
just fine.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Steve