clearpart --linux --initlabel ok?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat May 21 16:23:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 18:04 +0200, Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I ran into this problem recently. I used "clearpart --linux". My
> admins
> found that after install the system didn't boot properly. It turns out
> the
> server had previously had a non-linux OS installed. Therefore I find
> that
> "--initlabel" is very important to guarantee that anaconda will be
> able to
> partition the drive, unless ofcourse you know for sure that there was
> only
> Linux on your server perviously.

Be wary of this.  initlabel will write a new partition label to your
disk, and that in turn will remove ALL partitions.  It will NOT honor
--linux.

GPG Public Key       (geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: