Accessing boot: prompt options inside KS script

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sun May 22 13:36:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE wrote:

>I extracted the commandline options like this:
>ip=`grep ip /proc/cmdline | sed 's/.*ip=//' |sed 's/ .*//'`

Excessive sloping matchstick substitutions in sed make my eyes water - I
find it conceptually easier to break at whitespace into separate lines:

$ busybox tr -s ' ' '\n' < /proc/cmdline | busybox grep ^ip=

One can of course remove the "busybox" wrapper in the kickstart
environment itself, although it doesn't hurt.

Cheers,
Phil