kickstart configuration file testers?

Ed Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 30 00:06:52 UTC 2005

> I can't imagine going back to the 'blackbox' kickstart file.  I really
> believe every kickstart developer's quality of life would improve if
> this capability were native and configurable in kickstart/anaconda.

I should have made the distinction that these comments are really geared
to those that make heavy use of %pre and %post.  Just answering anaconda
questions in the kickstart file is straightforward and well-defined: a
ksvalidator would be adequate for most needs (except for the kinds of
things that Chris noted).

But for those whose kickstart scripts tend toward pages, and that count
on kickstart (and cfengine) to be able to replace a failed server in <15
minutes, then easier and faster debugging, and even runtime recovery
from problems, are really worthwhile.

-Ed