Re: Booting from a usb key fob

> I remember a brief discussion on this not too long ago.
> I have formatted and loaded a 256 MB with the first release cdrom but I
> cannot get it to be booted from.
>
> Can someone point me to the right location for instructions on this?
>
> I am loading RHEL3 update6

I've successfully run kickstart from USB keys with EL4. Haven't tried EL3, but
it was fairly straightforward ...

I made an disk image file the same way one would make a cramfs image file,
making sure to put 'ldlinux.sys' (install the syslinux RPM on your build
machine) on it. From there, it was easy enough to just dump it to /dev/sda (my
USB key) using 'dd'.

If EL3 makes sure to preload its drivers properly, I think the process should
be fairly straightforward.

I can privately pass along some of the build steps I use to make it go, if
you're interested.

Klaus