partition cciss/c0d0 using ks.cfg file with multiple cciss devices attached

Reynold L Demarco reynold.demarco at bms.com
Mon Nov 7 15:06:32 UTC 2005

Has anyone had luck auto-partitioning a cciss/c0d0 device using a ks.cfg
file and the ondisk parameter when there are multiple cciss devices on
the system?  Below is the snippet of my ks.cfg file I am using to try
and accomplish this.  Using the below snippet, if I leave off the ondisk
parameters, it all works, but spreads my filesystems across multiple
disks on the system, which is not what I want.  I want to force it to
the internal cciss/c0d0 disk only.  When I leave it this way, it
retrieves the base.img files, parses my config file, then gives me the
error: "Could not allocate the requested partitions:  Partitioning
failed: Could not allocate partitions."
clearpart --drives cciss/c0d0 --all
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 512 --ondisk cciss/c0d0
part / --fstype ext3 --size 14000 --ondisk cciss/c0d0
part /var --fstype ext3 --size 10000 --ondisk cciss/c0d0
part /tmp --fstype ext3 --size 2000 --ondisk cciss/c0d0
part swap  --size 2048 --ondisk cciss/c0d0

If the cciss/c0d0 partition table is cleared, I do have enough room on
the disk for the above partitions.  I've tried the above with and
without the "=" as well.  I've also tried leaving out the clearpart and
starting with a blank disk.  And I can use the same exact snippet above
except I replace the cciss/c0d0 with the appropriate sda or hda on a
system with hd or sd drives and it works just fine when there are
multiple hd or sd drives attached.
Any help appreciated.  Thanks.