Kickstart Redhat 9.0 and e1000 failure

I am working on a DELL PE1850 which has the e1000 NICs. I am trying to
installed redhat 9.0 on this machine via kickstart and am seeing the
famous e1000 problem. In all the fixes that have been talked so far they
have been mainly for RHEL/FC etc.
Has anyone fixed this issue to work on RedHat 9.0 ? If so, it would be
nice to get a detailed work around. I tried adding the sleep 60 on the
init.c file but that did not help.

Thanks
Ricky