-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Ronald Reed
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:01 AM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: Ethernet probe order

I may have forgot to mention that if you are using the device parameter
in the kickstart file, then you should probably use the "noprobe" option
on the boot line.

Ron

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 13:08, Phil Oester wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 07:11:57PM -0700, Greg Morgan wrote:
> > So do you want, say,
> > device eth e1000:tg3:e100
> > so that the devices are probed in this order?
>
> Thanks, that worked when combined with the 'nonet' boot argument
(apparently
> auto-probing devices is done prior to those manually specified).
>
> Still doesn't explain the logic, but gets the job done...
>
> Phil

Ron Reed
RedHat Certified Engineer
SGP Computer Department Manager