Re: kickstart configuration file testers?

> Hello!
>
> Does anyone know of a good way (or better yet, a tool!) to test kickstart
> configuration files without having to reboot and rebuild a machine?  It's
> extraordinarily time consuming to reboot a machine with a kickstart
> configuration file that may not work.

I don't know about a consistency-checker if such a thing exists (wouldn't mind
having it, if it did) but I use VMware to check my kickstarts.

Sure, it's the whole install process, but I can run it from my workstation
without rebooting, I don't need hard media, etc.

It's not without limitations - don't expect accelerated 3D drivers to do
anything - but it cut my testing iterations from 40-60 minutes + the cost of
media to 20 minutes.

It's a very worthwhile investment, IMHO.

Klaus