RHN XMLRPC API

Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE
Mon Nov 28 09:10:42 UTC 2005

Hi Kickstarters,

my question relates tangentially to anaconda, so bear with me if you can.
Possibly nobody knows a thing about this, but maybe somebody knows somebody
else who does know.

I am trying to use the XMLRPC based RHN API to automate the sorting and
downloading of specific typs of updates (there is no other way to get a
list of the security updates, for example, because up2date only gives you
all updates of a particular channel, with security, bugfixes, and feature
enhancements alle mixed together.) Described here:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/RHNetwork/ref-guide/4.0/ap-rhn-api-access.html

This relates to my installs, because I would like to have Kickstart apply
all current security updates during a new installation. I realize its not a
Kickstart question, but you guys have such a wealth of knowledge, I'm
hoping somebody out there has experience interfcaing with RHN via the API.

Many thanks in advance.

Christian

PS. I'm trying to use the Frontier XMLRPC module for Perl, as it is
described in the sample code:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/RHNetwork/ref-guide/4.0/s1-rhn-api-script.html
which I can't get to work.

Christian Rohrmeier
Schering AG
Corporate IT - Infrastructure and Services
Computer Systems and Operations
System Administration - Research and Development
Tel +49 30 468 15794
Fax +49 30 468 95794