installing to USB storage

James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov James_Martin at ao.uscourts.gov
Tue Nov 29 17:35:55 UTC 2005

So I think I've isolated the block of Anaconda code that skips over
removable stoarge.  The following is from partUtils.py :

    def openDevices (self, intf = None, initAll = 0,
                     zeroMbr = 0, clearDevs = []):
        """Open the disks on the system and skip unopenable devices."""
        if self.disks:
            return
        for drive in self.driveList ():
            if drive in DiskSet.skippedDisks and not initAll:
                continue
            deviceFile = isys.makeDevInode(drive)
            if isys.driveIsRemovable(drive) and not flags.expert:
                DiskSet.skippedDisks.append(drive)
                continue

So I'm assuming I can just comment out DiskSet.skippedDisks.append(drive).
 I tried doing this, and placing my updated partedUtils.py  in my NFS
installation tree under RHupdates/ and it doesn't seem to be getting used
during the install.

Any ideas?

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394