genhdlist issue

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 01:26:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Matt Sturtz wrote:

> I thought genhdlist simply produced an ordered package list, such that
> the comps.xml could specify the package name, which could be matched
> in the list to an exact version, etc?  What could be going wrong here?

(This question seems to arise once every few months; I'm almost tempted
to hunt down the issue on anaconda's pakage order code)

RHEL3 has a bug/feature whereby anaconda does not re-order package lists
generated by genhdlist when necessary.

This mail:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-August/msg00465.html

details the "genhdlist; pkgorder; genhdlist" steps required.

Cheers,
Phil