nfs kickstart network install

LAWRENCE.SORRILLO at HAMPTONU.EDU LAWRENCE.SORRILLO at HAMPTONU.EDU
Thu Oct 27 18:06:41 UTC 2005

I boot from floppy
Then at the boot prompt:

linux ks=http://x.x.x.x/dirs/test.fs.cfg dd (when I do not supply a
driver disk the system forces me to manually choose one as it complains
that it is unable to find devices of the type needed for this
installation.)

when asked, I insert the drvnet.img floppy to chose the network card
driver.
After I choose the a driver the web server logs shows where the
test.ks.cfg file is accessed.

The client install still asks for the nfs server though, but all the
other options as far as partitioning and package options are read from
the Kickstart file correctly.

Its interesting that I just realized that the NIC driver I choose at
installtion time is not the one that the system uses when it is
completely installed.

It seems then the root of the problem is correctly supplying the correct
NIC driver for the system.