Re: Grub not getting installed after kickstart installation

On 10/3/05, Shabazian, Chip <Chip Shabazian bankofamerica com> wrote:
Are you installing from a local CD, or via Virtual Media over the iLO?
I am installing from a local CD.

Try removing everything from your %post and make /boot it's own NATIVE partition, not LVM

/boot is primary partition and not a part of LVM (check the ks file posted with the original post). Also I added those %post commands later, it was not working anyway so I thought I will try installing Grub through %post.

Installation always went smooth but when I try to boot from the hard disk, nothing is coming up. So it looks like a problem with grub getting installed on the MBR.

Cheers.
--
Regards.
Ajitabh Pandey