Re: Core includes Dialup?!?

Brian Long wrote:
What is the Red Hat reason for including the Dialup comps group in Core?
This means any basic install has crap like wvdial, ppp, etc.  I
explicitly have to exclude a lot of these packages that shouldn't be on
any profiles except mobile laptops.

Just to clarify my agreement - ppp, etc., is only one example. A "Core" install, in my opinion, should be the bare minimum for a networked server with remote SSH access. That's it.

We maintain minimal kickstarts with around a 500M footprint, and it does require a large amount of hacking to get it down to a proper core of needed packages, in spite of the "mandatory" and "required" dictations.

Kind Regards,
Michael