Kickstart fails

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Fri Oct 7 20:59:24 UTC 2005

Boot from disk 1, and at the boot: prompt, type linux rescue

Here is my (modified to remove host and domain names) pxeboot config
file:

default hostname
label hostname
kernel RHELAS3U1/vmlinuz
append initrd=RHELAS3U1/initrd.img nofb ramdisk_size=10000
ks=nfs:kickstart_server.domainname.com:/kickstart/configs/hostname
ksdevice=eth0 eth0_ethtool="autoneg=on speed=1000 duplex=full"

So try this for yours:

default linux

label linux

kernel vmlinuz

append initrd=initrd.img nofb ramdisk_size=10000
ks=nfs:10.xxx.xxx.xxx:/tftpboot/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0
eth0_ethtool="autoneg=on speed=1000 duplex=full"

Based on the fact that there are no paths in front of your kernel and
initrd, I assume that they are in the root of your tftpboot directory,
or the same place as pxelinux.0