Flash Drive

Gary P list at akwebhosting.net
Thu Oct 13 05:15:47 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Carpenter" <error27 at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion list about Kickstart" <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: Flash Drive

2005/10/12, Gary P <list at akwebhosting.net>:
> Yes thats what we are doing right now, but we have a NOC full of about 50
> machines, and non have a cdrom, so its a hassle for our techs to track
> down
> our external rom, hook it up, find the proper cd etc
>
> i would rather just send this down there and bang, no cds to deal with

I just used the cdrom as an example.  You could do the same thing with
an NFS install etc.

What kind of media are you using for the install?  You could put the
kickstart file on the nfs server instead even if you wanted to.

regards,
dan carpenter

I have looked at NFS and it looks viable but im not to linux savy to go into
something like that