-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Brian Long
Sent: 25 October 2005 16:36
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: Ignoring SAN devices during kickstart?

Hello,

We running into interactive kickstart issues when specifying specific
"clearpart" and "bootloader" directives and other devices (i.e.
/dev/sda) are read-only EMC SAN devices.  Anaconda consistently says
"The partition table on device sda was unreadable." and asks if I want
to initialize this drive.  Since this is the EMC Volume Logix LUN, it's
read-only and needs to be disregarded.

What are folks doing when they re-kickstart a machine with SAN LUNs
presented?  On our HP Proliants, I've started specifying drive order
cciss/c0d0 so Anaconda doesn't tell GRUB to install to /dev/sda.  Any
other tips would be appreciated.

If I have 30 LUNs presented to a machine and some of those LUNs are
formatted with Sun labels, Anaconda asks me if I want to format them.
I'd rather tell Anaconda to just proceed with loading to cciss/c0d0 and
disregard these LUNs.

In our RHEL 3 customized distro, we actually removed the qla2x00 drivers
from the boot images to avoid overwriting SAN data.  Now we're trying to
use the untouched RHEL 4 boot images and running into all these issues.

Thanks for any help!

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.