Ignoring SAN devices during kickstart?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Tue Oct 25 17:52:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:31 -0700, Shabazian, Chip wrote:
> What version and update are you using?  There is a --loadfclast command
> that can be used on RHEL 3 after update 4 I believe.  Not sure what
> update you need for RHEL 4.
>
> If anyone has any better ideas, I would love to hear them as we run into
> this all the time.

Uggh, more top-posting  :)

latefcload was only implemented in U6 to my knowledge.  Also, this just
means qla2300 will be loaded after mptbase or whatever local SCSI disks
you have.  This is fine when you want to make sure /dev/sda is the local
SCSI disk; however with HP Proliants, the RAID controller disks show up
as /dev/cciss/c0d0, c0d0, etc.  /dev/sda is the first SAN LUN and I want
Anaconda to just completely disregard it.

I wonder if Alexander's noprobe option along with "device scsi cciss" or
something in ks.cfg might work.

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.