User's / Admin Guide? FAQ?

Christian.Rohrmeier at schering.de Christian.Rohrmeier at schering.de
Wed Sep 28 07:45:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

the official Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Administration Guide devotes
two chapters to Kickstart.

Its available in both PDF and HTML form directly from Red Hat. Here is the
URL to the HTML version:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/

Take a look at chapters 1 and 2.

Don't forget that some things don't work with RHEL 2.1 like they do with 3
and 4 (most importantly RHEL 2.1 doesn't support the %include tag.)

Cheers,

Christian

_________________
Christian Rohrmeier
Schering AG
Corporate IT - Infrastructure and Services
Computer Systems and Operations
System Administration - Research and Development
Tel +49 30 468 15794
Fax +49 30 468 95794

             "Shabazian, Chip"
             <Chip.Shabazian at b
             ankofamerica.com>                                          To
             Sent by:                  Discussion list about Kickstart
             kickstart-list-bo         <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
             unces at redhat.com                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             27.09.2005 19:46          RE: User's / Admin Guide? FAQ?

             Please respond to
              Discussion list
              about Kickstart
             <kickstart-list at r
                edhat.com>

Here are some URL's I've found over the years.  Some are old, some are
irrelevant I'm sure, but this is everything I've found and thought
significant enough to bookmark:

Boot options:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/x8664-multi-
install-guide/ap-bootopts.html