Installing RH/Fedora with rpm '--excludedocs'

Stuart J. Browne sjbrowne at bluebottle.com
Thu Sep 8 04:25:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way in a KickStart file to tell the anaconda
installer of a standard distribution to exclude installation of the
documentation of the normal packages, i.e.

    rpm -i --excludedocs [....] <packagelist>

I'm trying to create a minimal install but so far there's still over 60MB of
'/usr/share/doc' and man pages of which aren't required.

Going through the KickStart documentation, I've not found a way to do this,
but I was wondering if anybody know of a way.

>From what I can tell though, it's looking like custom configured media :-|

Thanks.

Stuart J. Browne