Re: Installing RH/Fedora with rpm '--excludedocs'

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Lumens" <clumens redhat com>
To: "Discussion list about Kickstart" <kickstart-list redhat com>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:57 PM
Subject: Re: Installing RH/Fedora with rpm '--excludedocs'

I'm trying to create a minimal install but so far there's still over 60MB of '/usr/share/doc' and man pages of which aren't required.

Going through the KickStart documentation, I've not found a way to do this, but I was wondering if anybody know of a way.

%packages takes a --excludedocs parameter, but it doesn't actually do anything at the moment. It might do things again in the future as the backend work progresses.

Phooey. Didn't see that one.

Ah well, 'modified' installer, here I come.. ;)

Thanks Chris.

Stuart J. Browne