%packages and optional packages?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Sep 9 20:07:00 UTC 2005

We have been using a customized kickstart for years, but with RHEL 4, we
plan to use Red Hat's existing kickstart infrastructure and bootstrap
yum to add anything extra.

In doing this, I wonder how you can configure kickstart to install
optional packages inside a comps group without specifying each package
manually.  For example, @ graphical-internet includes evolution-
connector as optional.  I want it installed, so does that mean I have to
call it out specifically?  Is there a group-by-group way to tell
Anaconda to install all packages including optional ones?  Maybe a new
syntax like this:

%packages
@ graphical-internet --include-optional
@ emacs
@ gnome-desktop

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.