kickstart RH8 using Vanilla Kernel.Org

ducatirdr at comcast.net ducatirdr at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 01:54:22 UTC 2005

I think my problem is in the initrd to start the kickstart loader.  But I don't know how to make this ramdisk. ( what files are needed. etc.)  I used the kernel.org kernel to pxe boot and used the ramdisk from the images/ of rh8 cd1.  But this should be a mismatch right ?

I haven’t done this with RH8 or with PXE  booting, but I did it with RH7.3 for CD-ROM  only.  Remember to replace all the affected kernel and driver bits in the initrd.img and then also get the drivers in the stage2.img.  It was generally straight forward but time consuming to get it to 2.4.28 a year ago.