Multiple ks.cfg's on a single boot media?

LAWRENCE.SORRILLO at HAMPTONU.EDU LAWRENCE.SORRILLO at HAMPTONU.EDU
Fri Sep 30 15:59:09 UTC 2005

Hi:

How do I get my DHCPProxy to take on the functionality of offering class
option "PXECLients." I am currently in an environment where I do not
have admin rights to the DHCP server but I have a subnet with linux
server for which I am responsible. This subnet a scope on the central
DHCP server which I do not control.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Segall
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 10:02 AM
To: Kickstart-list at redhat.com
Subject: Multiple ks.cfg's on a single boot media?

Hey Guys,

I am experimenting with moving my pxe based kickstart system to a
bootable
media/network install. Currently I have my kickstart server on a private
network, with everything centrally located on that server. I then
connect
servers to that network and boot them into pxe, where my menu of images
will pop up. This works great, but it's a pain in the ass because I have
to physically connect all of the systems to my network in order to kick
them.

What I would like to do is setup a cd containing all of my boot images,
kickstart configs, post install scripts, etc. Then just do http installs
over the public network. I know how to create the boot iso with
everything, but i'm not sure how to specify the individual ks.cfg's for
each image in the isolinux.cfg. With a single config, I could just use
ks=cdrom. Is it possible to use a path with this?

-Dan