RHEL4 Kickstart Partition Question

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 23:39:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Vito Laurenza wrote:

> I am trying to specify the number of bytes per inode on a partion in
> my kickstart config.  I am familiar with the mkfs.ext3 flag
> --bytes-per-inode. Is there a way to pass this flag through kickstart?
>
> I've noticed in my googling that in older versions of kickstart (as
> late as RH 8) there was a flag to the 'part' option
> (--bytes-per-inode=) which allowed this.  It seems like this flag was
> removed in later versions of kickstart.

It was? Still there in my Fedora Core 4 docs:

$ grep -A4 bytes-per /usr/share/doc/anaconda-10.2.1.5/kickstart-docs.txt
        --bytes-per-inode=

            Specifies the size of inodes on the filesystem to be made on
            the partition. Not all filesystems support this option, so it
            is silently ignored for those cases.

Cheers,
Phil