When was "include" directive introduced?

Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE Christian.Rohrmeier at SCHERING.DE
Mon Apr 10 13:44:11 UTC 2006

Hi Roman,

RHEL 2.1 (based on RH 7.3) doesn't support %include. Only RHEL 3 and 4
support it. I am guessing then that RH8 and newer also support it. I have
to support RHEL 2.1, 3, and 4, and thus I unfortunately can't take %include
for granted. My RHEL 2.1 KS files are a different than the rest. I generate
them on-the-fly via a CGI script, so its not a big deal _now_, but it used
to be a pain to always make exceptions for RHEL 2.1, where just nothing is
standard and half the stuff you need missing.

Cheers,

-Christian

_________________
Christian Rohrmeier
Schering AG
Corporate IT - Infrastructure and Services
Computer Systems and Operations
System Administration - Research and Development
Tel +49 30 468 15794
Fax +49 30 468 95794

             "Lazarev, Roman"
             <Roman.Lazarev at FM
             R.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
             kickstart-list-bo         <anaconda-devel-list at redhat.com>
             unces at redhat.com                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             10.04.2006 15:38          When was "include" directive
                                       introduced?

             Please respond to
              Discussion list
              about Kickstart
             <kickstart-list at r
                edhat.com>

Hi ALL,

I'm working on an ESX server from VMware which uses anaconda + Kickstart.
However it's anaconda version is quite archaic - I can't figure out the
version of anaconda. It has also been heavily hacked by folks from VMware.
They say it is based on RH7.2  I mounted netstg1.img and did a grep on
"include" in "usr/lib/anaconda" but that didn't turn up any good positives…
Maybe it just isn't there?

My question is: How long ago was "%include" directive introduced? Should I
take it for granted?

Thanks much,

Roman Lazarev
Fidelity Investment Management Technology
245 Summer Street V2E
Boston, MA 02210
Kickstart-list mailing list
Kickstart-list at redhat.com