logvol --noformat on FC5

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Apr 14 11:59:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a kickstart file to reinstall FC5 on a hard disk
while keeping a data partition intact. The data partition is in fact a
logical volume to allow me to reshuffle PEs if neccessary.

If I look at the anaconda.cfg that is created when I enter the setup
manually in anaconda I see the following directives:

#part /boot --fstype ext3 --onpart sda1
#part pv.2 --noformat --onpart sda2
#volgroup systemoctopus --pesize=32768 pv.2
#logvol /srv/atrpms.net/storage/octopus --noformat --fstype ext3 --name=data --vgname=systemoctopus --size=222272
#logvol / --fstype ext3 --name=root --vgname=systemoctopus --size=14976
#logvol swap --fstype swap --name=swap --vgname=systemoctopus --size=1984

But if I try to use them to automate the process the install results
in

| Error mounting device systemoctopus/data as
| /srv/atrpms.net/storage/octopus: No such file or directory
|
| This most likely meas this partition has not been formated.
|
| Press OK to reboot your system.

Am I doing something wrong, or should I file a bug?

How can I achive what I want, e.g. have kickstart spare a logical
volume?

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net