Adding drivers to kickstart initrd.img

Nauman Yousuf nauman.yousuf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 10:29:15 UTC 2006

hi All
I am doing software raid on Redhat AS4 with SATA drives. I am using GRUB
Both disks are bootable i checked it out one by one n system boots from any
one installed disk. Prb is when i add new disk and run this script

#!/bin/bash
echo Please, new Drive for Drive 1 enter /dev/sda and for 2 Drive enter
/dev/sdb
read DRIVE
echo "Drive is  $DRIVE"
if [ $DRIVE = "/dev/sdb" ];then
{/sbin/sfdisk -d /dev/sda > $DRIVE.out
/sbin/sfdisk $DRIVE < $DRIVE.out}
else
{/sbin/sfdisk -d /dev/sdb > $DRIVE.out
/sbin/sfdisk $DRIVE < $DRIVE.out}
fi
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md0 --add ${DRIVE}6
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md1 --add ${DRIVE}2
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md2 --add ${DRIVE}8
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md3 --add ${DRIVE}5
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md4 --add ${DRIVE}3
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md5 --add ${DRIVE}7
/sbin/mdadm /dev/md6 --add ${DRIVE}1

it add the second disk in my case and add all the new disk with same
partitions as we have with old raid and Raid is then resync too. i make
/boot as raid , / , /usr , swap all are raid md's . Now when i boot from 2
disk it wont boot . what to do any idea . iTs really urgrent to do . Your
help is highly appriciated.

Regards