Re: RHEL4 Kickstart Partition Question

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Vito Laurenza wrote:

I am trying to specify the number of bytes per inode on a partion in my kickstart config. I am familiar with the mkfs.ext3 flag --bytes-per-inode. Is there a way to pass this flag through kickstart?

I've noticed in my googling that in older versions of kickstart (as late as RH 8) there was a flag to the 'part' option (--bytes-per-inode=) which allowed this. It seems like this flag was removed in later versions of kickstart.

It was? Still there in my Fedora Core 4 docs:

$ grep -A4 bytes-per /usr/share/doc/anaconda-10.2.1.5/kickstart-docs.txt
       --bytes-per-inode=

           Specifies the size of inodes on the filesystem to be made on
           the partition. Not all filesystems support this option, so it
           is silently ignored for those cases.

Cheers,
Phil