Script which runs after first reboot only?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Apr 28 02:01:51 UTC 2006

P> There are a few last steps I need to do to complete my automated
P> system setup which can only be done AFTER a computer reboots when
P> it completes an installation.

I do this; in %post I just stick the script in /math-firstboot and
then stick this at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

if [ -f /math-firstboot ]; then
  echo "First boot: doing initial setup"
  /math-firstboot&
fi

The last thing /math-firstboot does is delete itself.

This isn't the prettiest way to do things, but it's worked for me for
many releases now.

 - J<