Kickstart fails mounting nfs source

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Aug 11 05:47:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Elizabeth.Brosch at Thomson.com wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Chip Shabazian wrote:
>
> > What version/update are you building from?
> >
> > Can you access the nfs mount if installing manually (not doing ks on
> > the boot line)?
>
> I am building from RHEL v4 Update 3.  Also, unfortunately I do not have
> another server in this VLAN that I can test the NFS from.  I have 12
> servers in this VLAN.  The first one I manually installed then
> configured for kickstart/dhcp/tftp.
>
> I am booting from CD #1 for the second server and entering "ks".

I find HTTP much easier to use and debug. It might be slightly different
now that NFS is using TCP. But only having to ask for tcp/80 to be opened
in one direction and being able to check a log-file for troubleshooting is
worth my time :)

The same firewall rule is then used for installing updates using apt
(although in some environments we set up a remote tunnel using SSH).

Kind regards,