trying to mount the dvd during post install.

Lambert Tran forltran at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 21:25:45 UTC 2006

>From the RedHat Kickstart manual:

Note

"Note that the post-install script is run in a chroot environment; therefore,
performing tasks such as copying scripts or RPMs from the installation media
will not work."

HOWEVER, we were able to "remount" the installation CD (your is DVD), and copy
files from it, using --nochroot.

%post --nochroot --interpreter /mnt/sysimage/bin/bash
echo "Copying server files....."
mount /tmp/cdrom /mnt/sysimage/mnt
cp -r /mnt/sysimage/mnt/mycdmydir/* /mnt/sysimage/
umount /mnt/sysimage/mnt

The trick at time was how to know the installation CD was actually is
/tmp/cdrom... (your may be /tmp/dvd). To find out, we had a sleep 600 at the
%post section, and went look around.

Good Luck!
-Lambert Tran