Pear-down RPMS dir

Matt Sturtz rh-kickstart at matthouse.com
Wed Dec 27 19:07:14 UTC 2006

Hi--

I wanted pear down the RPMS directory after I was done editing comps.xml
to fit my needs.  A lot of packages are no longer required, and I wanted
to eliminate them.  I started with a script that simply removes all
packages that aren't mentioned in my customized comps.xml -- but that
eliminates packages like bind-libs, which I know is needed to satisfy a
dependancy, even though it isn't mentioned in comps.xml (bind-utils
depends on libdns, which is provided by bind-libs).

Anybody know of a tool I can use to remove the packages that aren't
required while leaving those that are, and those that satisfy dependancies
for those that are?  The idea of querying dependancies for every single
package doesn't thrill me...  Kickstarting a box, and then removing all
the packages that didn't end up on that box sounds even worse...

-Matt-