Ejecting CD after kickstart installation

Mattias Andersson tiaskillen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:14:18 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm installing Fedora 3 on a lot of machines in our rendering farm using a
kickstart installation.
The best would be if I could somehow get the kickstart to eject the cd
straight after it has finished the first phase, i.e. before the first
reboot. Cause then I don't need to connect a monitor and keyboard to the
machine, all I need to do is to put the first installation CD and let it
install via NFS and eventually it would just be done.
The network path and such information for the installation is provided via
DHCP and the installation CD has been slightly modified to boot straight in
to the kickstart-mode.

Has anyone been succesful in doing this?

Any suggestions would be very much apprecieated.

Mattias