Ejecting CD after kickstart installation

Mattias Andersson tiaskillen at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:00:51 UTC 2006

Hi Marc!

Thanks for the help.

This was actually one of the first things I tried and it did not work.
I managed to get it working now though, and what I had to do was to change
the path for the eject-command. It seems like Fedora, before running the
%post -part of the installation actually unmounts the temporary installation
system that is mounted and mounts the newly installed system.
Therefore, to make this work with Fedora 3 I added the following to the
%post part of the Kickstart-configuration:

echo "Ejecting CD"
mkdir /mnt/hda
mkdir /mnt/hdb
mkdir /mnt/hdc
mkdir /mnt/hdd

mknod /dev/hda b 3 0
mknod /dev/hdb b 3 64
mknod /dev/hdc b 22 0
mknod /dev/hdd b 22 64

echo '/dev/hda /mnt/hda iso9660,ro 0 0'  >> /etc/fstab
echo '/dev/hdb /mnt/hdb iso9660,ro 0 0'  >> /etc/fstab
echo '/dev/hdc /mnt/hdc iso9660,ro 0 0'  >> /etc/fstab
echo '/dev/hdd /mnt/hdd iso9660,ro 0 0'  >> /etc/fstab

/usr/bin/eject /dev/hda
/usr/bin/eject /dev/hdb
/usr/bin/eject /dev/hdc
/usr/bin/eject /dev/hdd