partitions on scsi and ide different ?

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Thu Jan 12 16:32:57 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Ingo Jochim <i.jochim at querysoft.de> wrote:
> On an interactive installation using an IDE drive I get all the right
> partitions created and displayed in the gui.
> If I use a SCSI drive it doesn't work at all.
>
> I'm doing all these test on vmware in a virtual machine.
>
> Is there a different setup in the kickstart script for IDE and SCSI ?

What are you installing?  There are no drivers for the SCSI hardware
in kernels prior to 2.4.18, so you have to be installing something
that has at least that kernel version if you want to use the VMWare
SCSI devices.

http://www.vmware.com/support/esx2/doc/esx20admin_lsilogic_vms.html

--
Jason Kohles