updates.img

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Fri Jan 6 19:50:27 UTC 2006

Please dont sent HTML email to mailing lists.  Moreover, your email contains
script elements.

>From /usr/share/doc/anaconda/anaconda-release-notes.txt :

    The installer will also use an 'updates.img' file to get patched
source files. This is particularly useful for FTP and HTTP based installs.
When the second stage image is retrieved from the server, a download of
the updates.img is also attempted.  This file must be an ext2 filesystem
image.
It is mounted loopback, then the contents are copied to the ramdisk location
that Python is setup to look at for module updates.  This update image will
also work with all the other installation mechanisms, although the exact
location where it is expected does vary.  The 'install-methods.txt' file
has the details on this.

>From /usr/share/doc/anaconda/install-methods.txt:
 - 'updates.img' is a ext2 filesystem containing the updated python
   sources and modules for anaconda.

CDROM - 'updates.img' file in '/RedHat/base' directory of CD #1 image.
NFS - 'updates.img' file in 'RedHat/base' directory.
FTP/HTTP  - 'updates.img' file in 'RedHat/base' directory.