%pre and include files

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Mon Jun 12 19:10:41 UTC 2006

Here, just fix your HD determining problem.  This is what I do in my
%pre:

# Determine how many drives we have
set $(list-harddrives)
let numd=$#/2
d1=$1
d2=$3

# This is the LD&E scheme for two or more drives

if [ $numd -ge 2 ] ; then
cat << EOF >> /tmp/partinfo
2 + Drive Partitioning info
EOF

else
cat << EOF >> /tmp/partinfo
1 Drive Partitioning info
EOF

Then in the top command section, use:
%include /tmp/partinfo

As for debugging in %pre, I put a sleep 999999999 in the pre, then
simply work at the console.  There are other ways as well, but this
works for me.  When you want to move past the sleep, just kill the
process.  Doing this, you can step through your pre or post with sleeps
at any point you want.