Using a DHCP server for two subnets

Walter Cervini wcervini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 19:48:14 UTC 2006

You cas user vconfig for implement vlan.
Usage: add             [interface-name] [vlan_id]
       rem             [vlan-name]
       set_flag        [interface-name] [flag-num]       [0 | 1]
       set_egress_map  [vlan-name]      [skb_priority]   [vlan_qos]
       set_ingress_map [vlan-name]      [skb_priority]   [vlan_qos]
       set_name_type   [name-type]

* The [interface-name] is the name of the ethernet card that hosts
  the VLAN you are talking about.
* The vlan_id is the identifier (0-4095) of the VLAN you are operating
on.
* skb_priority is the priority in the socket buffer (sk_buff).
* vlan_qos is the 3 bit priority in the VLAN header
* name-type:  VLAN_PLUS_VID (vlan0005), VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD (vlan5),
              DEV_PLUS_VID (eth0.0005), DEV_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD (eth0.5)
* bind-type:  PER_DEVICE  # Allows vlan 5 on eth0 and eth1 to be unique.
              PER_KERNEL  # Forces vlan 5 to be unique across all
devices.
* FLAGS:  1 REORDER_HDR  When this is set, the VLAN device will move the
            ethernet header around to make it look exactly like a real
            ethernet device.  This may help programs such as DHCPd which
            read the raw ethernet packet and make assumptions about the
            location of bytes.  If you don't need it, don't turn it on,
because
            there will be at least a small performance degradation.
            is OFF.

El mar, 20-06-2006 a las 11:14 -0400, Elizabeth.Brosch at thomson.com