Issues bringing up wireless in %post script

Michael Shuler mshuler at rackspace.com
Mon Jun 12 19:02:28 UTC 2006

On 06/12/06 13:14, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Yes, I am. "uname -r" done inside the %post script says:
> 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5z
>
> That's the kernel in the FC5 .iso images.

`uname -r` reports the same version for the running installer kernel as
the rpm in the repository which you are installing to the disk.  OK.

> Shabazian, Chip wrote:
>> You aren't running that kernel until after your reboot.

 > Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> Any idea why this is happening?

You (still) aren't running the kernel that you installed to the disk,
along with the firmware package, regardless of the fact that the
installer kernel happens to be the same version.

>> Clues?

Sure, build your own custom installer image, or set up wireless after
reboot, and try not to be argumentative with people trying to help you out.

Kind Regards,
Michael