Automatically installing 32-bit libraries on 64-bit machine? (RHEL3)

John Rothschild devnull13 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 27 01:47:15 UTC 2006

On RHEL  4, the following works.  I  haven't tested it on RHEL 3.

Add this to your packages section of your kickstart file.

%packages --resolvedeps

@Compatibility Arch Support
@Compatibility Arch Development Support

(I  got this information from a March 1 posting to this list.)

You can also do this via up2date.  You will need to use the
undocumented --arch option to get the right version.  (--arch=i386
(?) vice --arch=x86_64)   I  hope this helps.

		JR