New to list and question

Alain TAUCH anaconda at maisondubonheur.com
Thu Mar 2 16:12:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:28:07 +0100
Patrick [Patrick] wrote:

[...]
Patrick> I would like to iron out more details. Once the install is finished I
Patrick> would like to:
Patrick>
Patrick> * add extra firewall rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables or replace it
Patrick> * change or replace some configs like /etc/ntp.conf, /etc/hosts
Patrick> * turn off a ton of unneeded services (chkconfig --level 2345 foo off)
Patrick> * turn off IPv6 in (iirc) /etc/modules.conf
Patrick> * turn off zerconf in /etc/sysconfig/network
Patrick> * install a bunch of updates
Patrick> * install some extra rpms
Patrick>
Patrick> I assume I should specify this in the %post section of the kickstart
Patrick> file but I don't know what the required syntax is. Any suggestions or
Patrick> docs how I go about this?

The kickstart %post section syntax is documented in your favorite redhat
linux documentation.

You can use it like a regular shell script, eg:

%post

/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 sendmail off

--
Alain TAUCH