No network drivers for doing kickstart

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Sat Mar 18 04:33:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 Elizabeth.Brosch at thomson.com wrote:

> I am attempting to Kickstart some HP DL 585 servers but it fails with
> "no network drivers for doing Kickstart"
>
> It has Dual Port NC7782 embedded NIC.  I am attempting to install RHEL
> AS v4 Update 2 - kernel 2.6.9-22.ELsmp
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem before?

We have not seen that error in the course of installing dozens of rh3 and
rh4 instances on both dl380 and dl585 machines.  We have had trouble
with the DHCP/PXE/tftp exchange failing due to too much lag time in the
repsonse.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim at rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine