Execution of commands in %post

Dan Trainor dan at id-confirm.com
Wed Mar 22 07:41:31 UTC 2006

Dan Trainor wrote:
> Hello, all -
>
> In %post, I have a long command which is run.  I'm trying to use env
> vars which are set previously in %post to use as arguments to this
> command.  However, the variables are not expanded, i.e. I see literal
> values of ${MYVARIABLE} in my debugging, instead of the variable value.
>
> I've tried to even go as far as using an `echo ${MYVARIABLE}` in place
> of just ${MYVARIABLE} to see if that yields any other results, to no avail.
>
> I see something interesting before the command is run.  Something
> similar to this:
>
> CHDIR path /var/lib/mysql/config
> CHDIR path /var/lib/mysql/config/myfile
>
> Am I being told that Anaconda is literally changing directories to the
> one specified?  The command *is* a bit odd, in the fact that I specify
> alsbolute paths to each file involved.  It'd be the equiv of:
>
> /bin/grep string /path/to/my/file
>
> I don't see how this would be any different, unless Anaconda treats the
> third argument as an actual command.  I think, actually, this might be
> what is happening.
>
> Can anyone identify this?
>
> Thanks!

Hi -

It's late.  How about I also provide an example of the kind of command
which I'm trying to execute:

/path/to/command write /path/to/destination/file 3301 100 $SLSQLUID
STRING1 $SQLUSER $SQLPASS 0 3306 127.0.0.1 theDatabase

I've tried most every variation of a one-liner which I can think of.
Calling the variables ${VARIABLE}, doing `echo ${VARIABLE}`, and so on.
  I can't get them to print their values.  I can only get them to print
their literal values.

Thanks!

--
- Dan Trainor