Redhat RHN (re)-joining in Kickstart

Phil Bettinson phb at llgc.org.uk
Wed Mar 29 09:18:17 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I'm currently arguing with a small part of a kickstart script that
joins, and updates the computers to the kickstart network. It works,
appart from the fact that it registers them as "localhost.localhost", as
opposed to their machine names.

The machines have the correct names when they reboot (that is, the pick
up the correct hostnames, and have the right ip addresses etc.), but it
means that I have to re-register them with RHN in order to give them a
sane name.

I'm aware that there have been request for features put in for this, but
I was wondering if anyone had found a way round it? or if there is a way
of setting the hostname of the computer before registring to RHN so that
it registers with the correct name.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Bettinson.

			Phil Bettinson

Swyddog Gweinyddu Systemau	Systems Administrator

Isadran Cyfrifiaduron        	Computer Section
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru    National Library of Wales
Aberystwyth, 			Aberystwyth
Ceredigion, 			Ceredigion
SY23 3BU			SY23 3BU

Ffôn / Phone: 01970 632867    	Ffacs / Fax: 01970 615709
EBost / Email: phb AT.NOSPAM llgc.org.uk  We / Web: http://www.llgc.org.uk